add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Zalman Z11 plus power switch cable is broken

Coffee2Go

25 months ago

Hello, soo yesterday, out out of the sudden my power switch led stopped working. I opend up my case front and i saw that the cables popped out of that clicky part where the chip is at and the wires go inside in.. I tried to manually connect them. But i made the problem even worse where i have to get the new cable with the power switch pre built.. Does anyone have any idea where i can get the same 10mm led power cable switch?

Comments

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

Know some of that confused me, but what I think I am getting, the power button in your case had the wires pop out? If that's the case, you would need to re-solder them. I am not really sure it would be easily to find a new switch and cable (maybe eBay?)

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

I already checked ebay, newegg, and local stores... they only have stock power switch cables withouth LED built in already inside...

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah then pretty much your only choice if you can't find them is to solder the wires back on. It's not difficult to solder things, but sometimes it does take some patience (It also takes a soldering iron, and electrical solder).

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah the problem is... that the cables and that iron that is already on the led came out on the power switch mobo/chip.. soo its impossible to solder it back in, i already tried and failed..

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm getting a bit confused here, could you possible post a photo or a few of what and where the issue is?

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

:/ My only way is to replace the power on/off switch with a reset switch...

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube