add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Difficulty of maintaining a hackintosh

TacoNinja
  • 28 months ago

So my moms current iMac is awfully slow and running out of storage for her photos (10,000+ and growing) so I’m wondering how difficult it is to keep a hackintosh up to date without a bunch of glitches. I should’ve probably mentioned this before, but I’ve also never done a hackintosh build, so are there enough guides for a first timer to put one together?

Comments

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

They super easy!! -typing from a Hackintosh. They hard part is getting clover to look just the way you want it to, but if it's your only OS you could just by pass the OS select screen

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks! I'm going to college soon and won't be able to troubleshoot as easily if needed.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 28 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube