add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Black screen/gpu failing?

AlmondNoTitties
  • 25 months ago

Hi guys,

My friend had a gtx970 and after 2 years of use it stopped "working". Basically, his screen would go black but he would still be able to hear sound. He decided to buy a new motherboard to try fix the problem and it didn't help. He was using the pc without a GPU and it was working perfectly fine. Now he purchased a new GPU (GTX 1050 ti) and the same problem seems to persist. I installed brand new OS on his PC and tried disabling integrated graphics, but to no avail. I tried to make it work today and the screen recognized the card and turned on. I installed drivers for it and everything seemed to work fine. YouTube worked and I was able to watch videos, but the moment I opened league of legends and tried to load the game, the screen went white and turned off. The PC then restarted itself and nothing worked from that point. Sorry for the long post but this problem is hard to describe. Hopefully, some PC master race mastermind can help. Cheers.

Kind regards, Almond.

Comments

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

What is his PSU?

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

He has a 750W psu, i don't really remember from which company. I thought to myself that it could be the PSUs fault as his motherboard has been changed to a brand new one few months back.

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

You able to check what brand of PSU?

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

it's a corsair RM750.

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

It might be bad GPU drivers that might be causing the crashes

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

Well i installed the latest drivers from the original website. I also installed the older driver to try fix the problem. I don't believe it's the gpu drivers.

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

I am going to piggyback off this. I am having a similar issue with my PC as well. When I start playing a game, within 5/10 minutes, my screen will go black, but I can hear in team speak and still speak to them. Only way I can fix the issue is if I do a manual reboot. I've already reinstalled my drivers and tried most of the suggestions people have said out there. Has anyone else had this issue and been able to fix it. My current setup is... CPU: i5 4590 3.3gGHz Motherboard: ASRock - H97M-ITX/AC Mini ITX LGA1150 Memory: Corsair - Vengeance Pro 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory GPU: EVGA - GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Superclocked+ ACX 2.0+ Video Card PSU: EVGA - SuperNOVA GS 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX

Thanks,

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube