add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

PC boots up but no video

r.vdt

24 months ago

Hi everyone, I just built my own pc this weekend and it turns on (I'm assuming, all the fans are whirring and there's a led light on the front of the case) but when I connect it to a monitor thru hdmi with my graphics card, nothing happens (same happens with vga thru mobo and my tv) any ideas?

my parts: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/DhFq6X

Comments

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Do you have the 8-pin power plug properly connected to the PSU?

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

my mobo has a 4 pin plug, iirc I connected it correctly, with the first output on the cable (since the psu has a cable with multiple outlets connected to the same wire).

I'll check back when I can, but my dad isn't letting me look bc he's afraid I'll break something (I'm 14.) so I'm not sure when I'll be able to fix that. >_<

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

It won't help diagnostically, but just for info you will not get any display via the motherboard VGA whilst using a ryzen 1300. So the only output will be with your graphics card.

Try re-seating graphics and make sure the motherboard connectors to the PSU are all in properly.

• 24 months ago
  • 2 points

hi, we forgot to do some things like standoffs, so we'll rebuild, I'll update if we get it to work

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 24 months ago
  • 1 point

we actually got it to work by ourselves (the motherboard wasn't standoff-ed), but now we keep getting a windows failed to start error after using an installer. Dx

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube