add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

System slow after windows update

SavageCactus

25 months ago

My laptop is now slow after i updated to the windows update. I dont know what to do.

Comments

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

What is the laptop? Have you tried reinstalling the updates manually in case one of them somehow got corrupted? Or you can also try looking into task manager and seeing what programs are using up your system resources.

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

I would create a backup of my important files and then just completely reinstall windows from a usb

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

If you're running an Intel CPU and this is the security update for Meltdown + Spectre, then there isn't much you can do.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

What SRBCodeGURU suggested, (especially the second part) and there is the possibility (if you downloaded a whole bunch of updates), that those updates are working in the background until they finish the job for making the proper updates to the system.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube