add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Silicone stuck in hardline tube.

tinyspoon
  • 25 months ago

Hi Guys,

I used soapy water both times and both times the silicone is stuck in the hardline tube. Wtf can i do to get it out?

Comments

• 25 months ago
  • 2 points

take out that piece of hardline tubing and flush it with water.

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

You got an upvote, but I don't even understand your suggested solution.

Isn't the problem that the bending silicon is stuck during bending into the hardline tubing? Maybe I misunderstood the original problem, but if I'm right, I don't see what "piece of hardline tubing" should be taken out of where. And how trying to flush it with water would solve anything, since no water would run through the blocking silicon.

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

I re read the question and i misunderstood it completly.

• 25 months ago
  • 2 points

Happened to the best of us. :)

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

If my experience with silicone is anything to go off of it kinda sounds to me like you might be screwed. You could try a solvent, but it may dissolve the hardline tubing. If you try this, be sure to check if the particular type of tubing is soluble when exposed to the particular solvent used.

Or... just replace the tubing.

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

Poke it out with something

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

Just to clarify things: you tried to bend a tube with the silicon insert in it. You did the bending, but the silicon insert kind of got stuck inside. Is that it?

When this happened to me, I was trying various things as well. Finally, I put things into the freezer (for a few minutes) and tried pulling harder afterward.

Next time I extracted the silicon insert gradually, so it would only cover one bend at a time. So if I bent a tube multiple times, I always extracted the silicon from the last bend, not to be clamped many times.

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

All good guys sorted it :)

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

Lmao reading the title (had to click here) and your description! I've never heard of this happening before, hope it doesn't happen to me. :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube