add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Mobo compatibilty with Ryzen apu?

sandris

22 months ago

Greetings guys, the AM4 mobo actually selled aren't compatibile with Ryzen APU 2200G/2400G? I mean out-of-box. I need to update the bios before? So i need other AM4 cpu to make this update?

Comments

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

If you buy a 300 series motherboard you will need a bios update. If you get a 400 series motherbaord you will be fine. But if you wait a while till after the APU's are released chances are it will have an updated bios. I got my motherboard 2 months after Kaby Lake was released and it had a compatible bios.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

I got my motherboard 2 months after Kaby Lake was released and it had a compatible bios.

That was a coincidence.

Other boards didn't come with an updated BIOS.

So, that's a hit or miss situation, and you can't rely on that. ;)

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

You can call the vendor in question and ask precisely about that matter. ;)

Some info about those upcoming CPUs below:

https://wccftech.com/amd-raven-ridge-ryzen-vega-apus-unboxed/

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube