add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

troubles with new build

dbwriters8
  • 25 months ago

hi, im building my first computer. case- cm storm trooper motherboard asus crosshair hero wifi ac cpu- ryzen 1800x ram-gskill 3200 16gb, thats 2 sticks 8gb each cpu cooler- noctua gpu- evga ssc 1050 ti

right now i just got the fans and motherboard lights to come on. case fans and lights works and noctua cooler is spinning. the motherboard lights up. now im stuck. the asus monitor says no cables are attached it says no signal. this is for both hdmi and display port. there is a q-code of 46 on the motherboard but the manual doesnt list the number 46 as an error that i can see. point is im stuck because i cant get into the bios to do anything as the monitor says no signal. the monitor works fine i know it does. i checked the graphics card but it seems ok the fans spin although this particular card has no cables to connect to power supply. anybody know what the code 46 means? and any advice on the monitor?ive tried unplugging the cables ect. any help is appreciated thanks.

Comments

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

Check all the connections on the board to make sure they are not loose. I am unfamiliar with that error code but new ryzen systems tend to take a long time for first post. I would let it sit in the on state for 20 minutes or so just to see if that helps. Hopefully someone else comes along that has more AMD builds under their belt, they may provide more useful information. Most of my AMD experience is with older FX series stuff so I;m a little out of date.

Edit: make sure you are plugged into the GPU and not the motherboard for your display.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

hi thanks for reply. i am plugged into the gpu so thats not it. i will recheck connections maybe one is loose . i let it sit but it hasnt worked yet, i will try again.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

I've seen a few people asking about error code 46 on the Crosshair, but very few answers - others, like you, have said it's really hard to find out what it is. I don't have this mobo myself so I'm not sure, but I saw one admin-type person in a forum say they thought it was a nonspecific memory code.

First thing i'd try is removing the RAM, clearing the CMOS and trying again with one stick at a time in each slot until you (hopfully) find a working combo. If it turns out one stick or one slot is bad, you can return the DIMM or the mobo accordingly.

As I said though, I don't have access to this board myself so don't take anything I say as gospel! Doing the above shouldn't harm anything though, worst case scenario it just won't make any difference. Good luck. :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube