add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
DarthNada517
  • 24 months ago

I have noticed that my Vcore spikes momentarily to 1.35 volts and am curious as to why that might happen. My CPU is a 6600K, Mobo is an ASUS Maximus ROG VIII Gene, RAM is 16GB Corsair LPX 3000MHz, PSU is FSP 750 Hydro G, GPU is EVGA 1070 FTW. I have turned ASUS multicore enhancement off and have not noticed a change. Other than that, all of my settings are stock/factory, except XMP for my RAM.

I just want to know if this is typical behavior or if I should start troubleshooting?

As always, thanks in advance for the responses.

Comments

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Your motherboard is auto adjusting the vCore to match the clock speed and the load. It is more than fine bouncing to 1.35 for a split second then bouncing back down; I wouldn't worry about it.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok. I was under the same impression but didn't want to go along with it without asking the PCPP community. It deffinately doesn't maintain the voltage for long. HWMonitor shows my average fluctuating in the 1.2V area mostly with the peak high being in the 1.35 range.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube