add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Random lockups causing wipe of Bios

Iracer12x
  • 24 months ago

Hey guys,

I’ve got an issue that I can not pinpoint. My pc froze up yesterday randomly, and when I tried to reboot my pc went into a cycle of power on, off, on, off. I shut it down and let it sit for a bit, powered back up and when it did, it reset the bios then wouldn’t load giving me an error code for windows.
I went ahead and re formatted, and everything went smooth. Today once again it locked up on me solid and has went thru the same sequence.

I will get a ROM IMAGE DENIED in Bios as well.

The only thing I have done to this machine hardware wise was apply new thermal paste on Monday.

Windows 10 Pro i5 7500 Gigabyte h270-ds3h MOBO 16 Gig Geil EVO Ram 1TB Seagate FireCuda Hybrid Drive GTX 980 Thermaltake 700w Power Supply

I’m thinking my MOBO and Processor went south. Before I order new I just want second opinions.

Comments

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

I haven't had the ROM IMAGE in bios, but on my Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7 I have noticed a similar issue. I'll turn it off some times, and the windows shutdown screen will freeze, requiring a hard reset. I reset it, and it does the on/off cycle, then says the bios has been reset. My first thought was that the power switch cable was in the wrong place, but I check over the manual, and it's fine, plus when I power it off using the power button when it's not frozen, then it shutsdown and reboots fine. My other though was that the Battery was dead, but after unplugging the PC (an attempting power on to drain residual voltage) it still saves the bios. So IDK.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube