add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Noctua NH-D14 OR Corsiar H100i OR Corsiar H150 OR Stick with CM Hyper 212 EVO?

MangoMonster

72 months ago

I've got an i5 4670k and CM hyper 212 Evo currently. http://pcpartpicker.com/b/MIZ

I've been getting into overclocking recently (I do like it alot) and Was thinking of an upgrade. What sort of Temp difference can I expect between with these coolers? Should I stick with what I got? I can easily get 4.2ghz stable, working on 4.3 ghz.. 4.4 ghz is a bit ify, crashes like 30 min in on Prime95/ Rome 2 total war

Comments

• 72 months ago
  • 2 points

If your case can fit it go with the noctua, its dead silent.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

The price to performance for the coolers you listed drops off quickly after the Hyper 212. There are many trade-offs and personal opinion when it comes to big air vs closed loop liquid coolers. I recommend you google that as there are many things you may not have thought of.

My vote is for H100i or Thermaltake water 2.0 extreme. The NH-D14 will perform closer then you might think though. Toms hardware has some excellent comparisons listed here: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nepton-280l-tundra-td02-water3.0-pro-reserator3-max,3607-11.html. If you click through to the last page you will see the TT Water 2.0 wins for cooling per decibel. (So its much quieter then other coolers). If you are going for raw performance, the H100i is your best bet.

• 72 months ago
  • 1 point

Noctua or phanteks version.

Quieter, cheaper, less likely to fail.

• 72 months ago
  • -1 points

I would say get the H100i for your build. The fans can get a little loud but all you have to do is go into the corsair link bios and change the fan rpm and everything. However if you are afraid of the water in your pc, definitely get the Noctua NH-D14. However everything aside, I actually use the h100i and you can easily overclock to around 4.5 ghz. :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube