• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

Dtrager02 6 months ago

Hey community, I need some help. For a while now I’ve been searching for a laptop with the following criteria and I simply can’t find one:

• Has an SSD or is capable of having an SSD of at least 128GB
  • Screen larger than 13 inches
  • Not from HP (unless you have personal experience with an HP laptop
  • And preferably $500 maybe a bit more

It seems like all budget laptops nowadays force you to compromise. The main thing I want in my laptop is an SSD because I know it works miracles for boot times and overall speed. Also, the reason I prefer not to buy from HP is because their prices are suspiciously low and almost none of their laptops score more than 4 stars anywhere. Thanks.

Comments Sorted by:

Entrainers 1 point 6 months ago

http://www.microcenter.com/product/484741/Aspire_5_A515-51-596K_156_Laptop_Computer_-_Black

http://www.microcenter.com/product/488376/IdeaPad_320_15_156_Laptop_Computer_-_Grey

Two $530 laptops, have 256gb SSDs, new 8th-gen Intel quad-core processors (roughly equivalent to a 7th gen Core i7), Big 15.6" screens, and enough RAM to do anything reasonable

Dtrager02 submitter 1 point 6 months ago

Oh my..

I didn’t realize micro center had such good deals. Thanks!

bzand 1 point 6 months ago

What HP are you looking at? And Those microcenter deals are pick up only so i hope you have one nearby

CarCat 1 point 6 months ago

Just saying, don't judge based on ratings. People need it for different things and a lot of consumers these days rate badly for stupid reasons. I've had 2 Toshibas and 2 HPs, and the HPs were a lot better. I'm writing this on an HP laptop.

[comment deleted by staff]
xsanders23 1 point 5 months ago

I highly recommend Dell Inspiron i5570. It has a 15-inch screen and it accommodates all the specs your required on your post.

Point taken... I still believe HP can’t possibly have reliable laptops with their astonishingly low prices but whatever.

It’s not just the price... I did my research and I want something reliable.