add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

New Computer started and ran for a couple of hours and now it doesnt

rwolfe88
  • 24 months ago

My friend just put a Rig together and it ran for a couple of hours now it starts and instantly shuts down

The power supply is a 600 corsair The mother board is GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Processor is Intel Core i7-8700K 8th gen This Ram https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=20-231-888

Now the ram is in the correct sockets per the manual

Now my question is what could be the problem seeing as it ran and now it doesnt

When i go to the motherboards site and check compatible ram the ram he has which i linked above is not compatible

Could this cause it to boot then shut down? Why all of a sudden would this Ram that is not listed as compatible cause this issue why did it start in the first place

Any suggestions ?

Comments

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Check all the cables that are connected to the Motherboard if they're connected properly. Also make sure if the CPU Cooler is properly sitting under the CPU.

That being said, maybe you installed the memory on the wrong slots. If you look at the DIMM slots and count (obviously) from the left side, you need to install the memory on the second and fourth slots, and the order of the memory is: 4, 2, 3, 1. So you need to install on 1 and 2.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

It doesn't matter where he puts the ram, it should work anyway. (By that I mean the pc should still boot regardless). I have the same board, and at 11:30pm I accidentally put (and left) my dimms in 4 & 2 (which I discovered once I saw they were in single channel). But I use my dimms in 4 & 3 (in dual), but he could also put them in 2 & 1, but either way it shouldn't matter. They may not run in dual channel if they aren't in the correct slots, but the pc should still boot.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Understood. So he should still check how he connected all the cables. And another possibility to my assumption is about the CPU Cooler, because I had a similar incident.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Clear the CMOS. I have the same motherboard and when I first pieced together my build it did that once or twice. (I will not be purchasing a Gigabyte board in the future after that, and many many other things).

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube