add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need some help with upgrading

Dewm4n
  • 24 months ago

So recently my pc has begun to freeze frequently, with no blue screen just freezing, i am looking at a few different paths and need some advise

-Obviously there is the simple solution, reseting hard drive and seeing if that will help but at this point i need a new one anyways

-Getting a new CPU and motherboard, stray away from the AMD-FX path as it is limited and power hungry

-My temps were a bit high at idle, so I was also thinking about buying some better cooling

I am not sure which path will prove to be more helpful, any thoughts

Comments

• 24 months ago
  • 2 points

It could be a faulty RAM. Try removing 1 and see if you have the same results, if so repeat.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Make sure to post either here: https://pcpartpicker.com/forums/forum/2-part-list-opinions-wanted/ or here:https://pcpartpicker.com/forums/forum/27-create-a-part-list-for-me/ next time. It'll do a lot of wonders for the community - but I'll still gladly help you here.

First, we need to know what's your budget and purpose of your build. Then we can determine which build suits you the best, provided by your budget.

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube