add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

No signal on monitor, PC doesn’t recognize Keyboard or Mouse, but it does recognize a regular USB

Tsuyu
  • 24 months ago

Parts: Ryzen 3 1200 GTX 950 (bought off a friend) MSI B350M GAMING PRO MOBO Ballistix Sport 8gb 2666/mhz RAM EVGA 450w PSU 80+ Bronze

I have three main problems at the moment.

1: my monitor knows its plugged in to a PC but it says no signal, this is my first build and I’m sure this is a common problem but before i’m told to plug the DVI or HDMI into my GPU trust me when I say I’ve already done that.

2: my USB ports don’t register my keyboard or my mouse, I’ve already tried two different keyboards and nothing works, my mouse has the same problem, however when I plug in a basic USB stick it lights up showing that it gets power, I’m extemely confused.

EDIT: I should have added that I’ve tested out all my peripherals on my laptop and they turn on and work fine.

3: this ties in to number 1, this is probably the reason i’m having the monitor no signal problem, my GPU’s fans spin but stop after about 12 seconds. I’m already planning on having a friend bring a spare GPU they have that is confirmed to work over to my PC and try it out, if it works then its my GPU. I’ll update tomorrow around 10 PM Pacific Time to tell ya’ll if it worked or not.

Comments

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Have you connected power to the gpu? USB may need drivers - especially if you're plugging into USB 3 ports

• 24 months ago
  • 0 points

my monitor knows its plugged in to a PC but it says no signal

If the monitor says no signal, what makes you think it knows it's plugged into anything?

I would give the system 5 mins to boot and see what happens. I would also wait to see if the spare GPU makes it work.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

When its not plugged in it tells me to check the video cable, but when I do plug it in the message changes to no signal.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube