add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

My power led flickers, somtimes

LeGodFaja
  • 24 months ago

As the title says my power led flickers sometimes. I have had some black screens before but after I took the video card out and even took it apart (bc i thought it might be a psu issue) it didn't happen. All the while my led would flicker about once or twice a day or not at all. I haven't checked to see if I may have connected something wrong. That being the case. should I worry ? I haven't had any issues with my computer in terms of the psu being a problem and whatnot.

If I should worry, then what (besides me not checking if I may have connected something wrong) could the problem be ?

Comments

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Does the power led flickering correspond with any other system glitches? For example, when the led flickers, do you experience a black screen, loss of power, etc, or is the led the only thing? Check the front panel power connector going to the motherboard, could just be a loose connection, either on the board or behind the button.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

just the light

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

To me that sounds like it's a loose or faulty connection with the wire or something. I'd reach out to the case manufacturer and see what troubleshooting steps they can take you through beyond verifying that you have the front panel power connector properly attached to the motherboard.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube