add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

New Build dram light / no bios

chillin209
  • 24 months ago

Here are the specs I have on he system:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/4NJfr6

When I turn the system on on the asus mother board the cpu light goes red and dissapears then it goes to the yellow dram light and stays there. It won't boot to bios and no signal is being sent to the monitor. All fans, lights on motherboard gpu and cooler all have power and are working. I keep it on for a while and it stays on and doesn't shut down no issues there. I don't have any beep codes the case audio is plugged in. (I haven't tried plugging in speakers don't have any currently)

What I have done: removed cmos battery and re-seated it. checked ram in different slots and different configurations (yes they are fully in) Tried starting with out GPU and plugging monitor into the board checked processor and socket all pins look good Checked all connections

If I have a bad component I am having difficulty narrowing it down to which part.

Any help is appreciated.

update Tested new ram, same issue. Tested new motherboard same issue. Finally broke down and paid someone else to rebuild it and they had no issues and its up and running. They weren't sure what I was doing wrong even though it looked like everything was correct**

Thank you

Comments

[comment deleted]
  • 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for your reply. I have tried with a single stick of ram into dimm slot a2 as recommended by the mobo manual. Which the dimm light no longer comes on for that but still same issue. I will check the connections tonight and reply back.

I have also found where to plug the speaker into onto the mobo for trouble codes. When there is no ram in it beeps codes as it should. When the ram is in it doesn't not.

[comment deleted]
  • 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Tried checking connections and all are in solid. Also tried clearing cmos as manual directed. I may resort to taking it by a shop to see what I'm Missing. Thank you.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube