add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

RAM way under spec.

Asbuf

24 months ago

I did a benchmark a few days ago and it showed that my RAM was running at 2133. Nothing seems to be wrong with the system but the ram is causing me issues. Now I looked into it more. They are seeded correctly and I verified that with the Motherboard Manual. However I discovered that my RAM speed is not supported by that motherboard. The motherboard supports DDR4-2133/2400/2666/3600/4000. I was wondering if the issues I'm having would be a result of a non supported RAM speed/ Trying to improve it by using X.M.P? Any advice is helpful!

My parts: CPU: i7-7800x -OC to 4.6GHz at 1.24v Motherboard: ASUS Prime x299 -A RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 Video Card: ASUS GTX 1080Ti STRIX GAMING PSU: Corsair RM850x

Comments

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

That happened with my DDR4-2666 RAM. The first time I powered up, it ran at 2400 MHz. I had to manually overclock it (in the BIOS) to 2667 MHz.

However I discovered that my RAM speed is not supported by that motherboard.

You listed that the motherboard RAM supported speeds were 2133/2400/2666/3600/4000. 3200 is not in the list, so you might have to settle with 2666. =/

[comment deleted]
  • 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, but the RAM I bought is supposed to run at 3200mhz

[comment deleted]
  • 24 months ago
  • 1 point

BIOS is up to date and I have enabled and disabled XMP. No change.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube