add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Ryzen 3 APU isn't compatible?

ssjg5rlly

24 months ago

Whatever motherboard I put together with the new Raven Ridge Ryzen APUs it says "Some AMD A320 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Raven Ridge CPUs. Upgrading the BIOS may require a different CPU that is supported by older BIOS revisions."

Is this incorrect?

Edit: It is not. I just checked. No Ryzen GPUs for me then :(

Comments

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

There are motherboards that don't need a cpu to flash an updated bios. But if you can't get one of those then AMD will send you a boot kit so you can update to a recent bios.

https://www.pcgamer.com/amd-will-lend-you-an-older-processor-to-update-your-bios-to-support-a-ryzen-apu/

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Woah! A thousand thanks, I would have never found this out on my own.

If only they let you keep it. I could just get a video card and be set!

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Well the cpu they send you is literally the worst cpu you can possibly get on the AM4 platform and is total garbage and nobody buys them. But they work for boot kits.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Lol, do you know what they send you?

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

The A6 9500. Its a dual core Bristol Ridge chip. In 2018 it is crappy.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube