add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

New PC build and Bios is not showing up!

Navybtown

24 months ago

Just got done building my desktop and powered it up, everything looked good but got a black screen and I don't think its posting. I tried resetting the ram, GPU, and CPU but no luck. As I go back through it for the fifth time I wanted to get some helpful feedback, there will be a link posted with all the parts.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Navybtown/saved/ryYBP6

Comments

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Is your monitor plugged in?

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes it is, I tryed both the GPU and mother bored HDMI post and even the VGI port and got nothing.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Sounds like this could be your issue "Intel H170 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Kaby Lake-S CPUs. Upgrading the BIOS may require a different CPU that is supported by older BIOS revisions."

• 24 months ago
  • 2 points

Yea I think your right. I know I had to update the BIOS for the 7th gen i7, I was hoping it would let me update it. smooth on my part.

• 24 months ago
  • 2 points

Bummer, you'll need a different cpu to boot up and update the BIOS.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, if that's the case you'll need a whole different CPU. As a last resort before trying to get a new CPU on your hands you could try waiting for 5 minutes after you press the power button just in case your motherboard is taking a while to post.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the tip, sadly I already tried it for 5 and 10 mins and it did not work. I truly think its the CPU gen gap, so after looking back at the supported CPU chart, I ordered Celeron G3900 so we will see if that will get it to post so I can do the BIOS update.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube