add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

New rig not booting up

Gezz1984
  • 24 months ago

Hi There

I have just completed my first ever build and to my disapointment its not booting at all. All the fans start to spin (CPU and Case) and I can hear the mechanical drive spinning but after around 10-15 seconds it stops. There is no signal going to the monitor tried both HDMI and blue connector cable.

Here are my parts

AMD ryzen 5 2400G

ASRock AB350M Pro 4

Corsair vengeance LED 2 x 8 gb 3000 mhz

240 Kingston SSD

1TB 7200 HDD

XFX XTR 550 PSU 80+ gold rated full modular

These are the fixes ive tried

Disconnected everything so only PSU, CPU and RAM Connected.

1 stick of ram only. Moved into each of the 4 slots. (done this with both sticks in case one was faulty)

Connected psu, cpu, ram and ssd

connected psu, cpu, ram and hdd

There is no beeping on startup or when it resets its self

I have a feeling its either the Ram is not compatible (which it should be) or the bios needs to be updated, either way I dont have another processor or any other RAM sticks at hand

Does any one have any other suggestions I could try??

Thanks In advance

Comments

• 24 months ago
  • 2 points

You flashed the BIOS, right? If not I garentee that is the problem. You need to update the motherboard BIOS with a USB to recognize the newer Ryzens chips, that will require an older AM4 chip. AMD has a program where they mail you a CPU and heatsink and you return the CPU later after updating the BIOS.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

No i did not flash the bios.

Can i do that if nothing is booting up??

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

You need to flash the BIOS first. The motherboard will not recognize the chip unless you do so, and doing so will require a chip the motherboard can recognize. AMD has a program, where they mail you a chip and heatsink, you can then flash the BIOS, return the chip, and re-install your 2400G

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

hi for every one else having this issue, I have spoken to Aria PC, and they will supply a motherboard with the correct bios for only £8.50 extra. They are a really good company I couldn't recommend them any higher.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube