add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

my display turns of when playing games is it the ram

Rebin

24 months ago

ive been having this issue for months at first i thought it would be the psu or gpu but today i slowly wiggled my ram and the display turned off is that something normal or not

Comments

• 24 months ago
  • 2 points

issue for months at first i thought it would be the psu or gpu but today i slowly wiggled my ram and the display turned off is that something normal or not

So wait, just to be clear-- while your computer was running, you opened it up and began to wiggle the ram......

A computer needs ram to function, the computer will not work without ram. So when the computer is running and you WIGGLE the RAM, IT IS MORE THAN NORMAL FOR IT TO STOP WORKING. Why you thought this was a good idea is beyond me, what issue were you having that, though your PC was working, that you wanted to open the running computer and play around with the components.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ignore me, that comment was meant for a different post. This is what happens when you run multiple tabs..

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh lol

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh and ignore me I meant to say updating your drivers is never a bad idea. @autocorrect

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

If I am understanding this correctly, you wiggled your RAM while your computer was powered on, and then the display went dark?

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Don't wiggle the RAM. Take it out and place it back in, tell your MB to FIRMLY GRASP IT.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Uhhhhh.... why exactly?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube