add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Built new PC; audio only comes out from one side

Deathtitan77
  • 24 months ago

Hello,

I just built a new PC and I tried plugging into it 2 different headsets through the front audio panel port but I can only hear audio through 1 side.

I am using the Z270 GAMING M7 motherboard and I tried installing the Realtek HD Audio Manager but that didn't help.

Thanks in advance, let me know if anymore information is required.

Comments

• 24 months ago
  • 2 points

make sure that the audio connector for the case is plugged into the motherboard right, if that dose not work then this is more likely an issue with the case's audio connector rather then the motherboard. have you tried plugging it in the back of the PC?

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Point.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Hey, thanks for your reply.

I tried unplugging the HD Audio cable and putting it back in and that affected nothing. I put the same headset in the back of the PC and it works well. I think I will just end up using the back, unless someone has a better suggestion.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

yea that sounds like a case audio cable problem then, there is a bit less static interference when puled into the back of the motherboard anyway so if its not too much of an inconvenience its probably for the best.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

I think I will keep it that way, thanks.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube