add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Positive air pressure?

SourceVIlI

24 months ago

Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/VYBGXP

If I attach the radiator to the rear case fan (So the radiator has two fans) and add a 140mm fan upfront, would that be enough to have positive air pressure or should I add another smaller fan upfront with the 140mm fan?

Any other tips on fans and cooling my pc would be great, cause I'm new to the master race and this is my first pc!

Edit: There is a diagram of the fan locations in the pictures of the case.

Comments

• 24 months ago
  • 2 points

that will work just fine, just makes sure both the fans on the radiator are acing the same way. have you already built this PC? if not there are a few little changes to the build list that I'd personally make.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Nah not yet. I'm always down to hear other people's opinions!

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Recommended changes:

• Instead of the 120mm AIO I recommend you either go with a: Schythe FUMA/MUGEN5, be quiet! Dark Rock 3, Thermalright Macho, or the Cooler Master ML240L (240mm AIO). This is because 120mm AIOs offer pretty a weak cost:performance ratio and can be much louder than people expect. 240mm AIOs or a good HSF (standard CPU coolers) will work just as well and can be cheaper and quieter. The CRYORIG H7 is another option but isn't quite as good as the others.

• I recommend you pair the 1600/x with an X370 motherboard. They have better voltage control and will allow for better top end clock speeds at lower voltages.

• The Crucial MX500 SSD is going for about $20 cheaper than the Samsung 850 and has comparative performance and warranty terms.

• You should be able to find the 450w variant of the Corsair CXM series for around $50. 450w will be far more than you need. If you are around the ~$80 price point for a PSU then you should go with the SeaSonic FOCUS PLUS line, which are amazing PSUs.

• I recommend going with Full windows rather than OEM. OEM permanently locks to a motherboard and cannot be transferred under normal circumstances. Full windows is a lifetime purchase.

• You really don't need a fan controller, as your motherboard can control the fans. But, if you want one, that's fine too.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube