add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Water cooling. Is it worth it?

barrelolaughs

71 months ago

Hey.

I have this: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2lKXq which I love, and is doing great. I am however getting paranoid about my temps. I have nothing weird or excessive going on right now (I added another 140mm fan in the front of the case and stuck another 120mm on the back of the cooler for push pull) After a couple of hours of prime95 running, I'm seeing temps of 58deg c as a max.

It is winter though and i live in Phoenix AZ. My house tends to hover at about 27 deg c in the summer, sometimes hotter when we're out at work.

I'm not planning an overclock. The system is fine as is for what I use it for - mainly getting shot / stabbed / eaten in Dayz and Rust right now :)

The current cooler is LOUD though when the CPU is loaded, and that annoys me a bit.

So, is it worth switching to a H100 /60/80, yadayadayada? Will I see a drop in temps? Will it be quieter? Should I just say to hell with it and buy an air 540 and ram it with fans?

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Barrel

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

If you don't plan to overclock keep the H212. Remember even if you water cool your system the temps will never go below ambient temps anyways. So you temps will be kind of high for the summer anyways.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Hehe, I've gotten one degree below ambient... 12.7 degree Celsius room temperature, 11 degrees Celsius Core 2 temperature...

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Gets hot as hell during and near summer where i live but im gonna fill the case full of fans and my cpu is watercooled b/c im gonna overclock when i start thinking of getting a new one.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

If you want the cooler to be quit replace the fans on it if you can which im sure you can. Good luck.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

58C is fine, especially with that high of an ambient. Imo, you'd be better off with your current 212 evo

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the advise. I might just put some xigmatek or noctua fans on it and see how that goes. I could chuck an exhaust 140mm in one of the top moduvent thingies too.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube