add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

3 4k Monitors?

treefetty
  • 24 months ago

I will be purchasing this PC below.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/HP-Omen-Gaming-Tower-Intel-Core-i7-7700-Nvidia-Qtx-1070-8GB-Graphic-Card-16GB-Memory-256GB-SSD-1TB-HD-Windows-10-home-870-213w/197665204

Can this pc handle 3 of these monitors listed below? If so will I be able to connect all 3 to the desktop? If so how do you recommend I do this? I don't have much experience with display ports. I know the monitor uses freesync and could I take advantage of this with this computer?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/LG-27UD68-P-27-LED-LCD-Monitor/141758760

On another note what do you think of this idea? Open to suggestions and input. Thanks

Comments

• 24 months ago
  • 2 points

3x4k on a 1070? Might be pushing it a bit if doing intensive tasks. I can already tell you the 1070 isn't the most suited card for 4k gaming, if that's what you have in mind.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Any recommendations? I'm pretty open

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

There really isn't anything great for 4k gaming at the moment. The 1080ti is your best bet. Or, if you are comfortable with 1440p the 1070 would do it, the 1070ti/1080 would do it better.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Well I am going with this pre-built pc at walmart. I can get %10 off of it.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/HP-Omen-Gaming-Tower-Intel-Core-i7-7700-Nvidia-Qtx-1070-8GB-Graphic-Card-16GB-Memory-256GB-SSD-1TB-HD-Windows-10-home-870-213w/197665204

I guess I should look for a gsync monitor and I guess give up on the 4k? I mean I normally play games like LoL and PUBG. Could I get the 4k monitor and use a different resolution while gaming and then when going back to my desktop workstation use the 4k? I mean I dont think Lol or the games I play really use 4k anyways. Maybe I should ditch the 4k but I just love the clear picture and room it provides.

• 24 months ago
  • 2 points

I mean I normally play games like LoL and PUBG

LOL should do 4k easily enough. PUBg on the other hand, wouldn't do very well with 4k on a 1070.

Could I get the 4k monitor and use a different resolution while gaming and then when going back to my desktop workstation use the 4k

You certainly could. That's not a bad idea, actually. But, carefully review the monitor you are interested in to ensure that it downscales well.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

What will the PC be used for?

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Gaming/Streaming/Recording. Should I just ditch the 4k monitors?

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Gaming on THREE 4K monitors with a GTX 1070 is hopeless, let alone one (not really though). In fact, it supports up to 8K, which 3 4K monitors are 12K. Perhaps 1080p is a better option for three monitors.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks Isaac. So what is the deal should I just abandon the 4k monitors and go with a gsync 1080? Would I then be able to play pretty much any game I wanted? Ill be using this to stream/record and then as an office for the rest. Why do you recommend that other PC what is the major advantages of it compared to the one I was looking at at walmart. Keep in mind my cousin can get me %10 off on the one at walmart so like $-120 off the list price.

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube