add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

New Build Turns on But Screen is Black

Mordokie
  • 24 months ago

Today I built my first gaming pc. After finishing up, I went ahead and pluged it to the power outlet. It turned on and it seemed fine until I saw that the screen would stay black. Now, the monitor seems to be reading the PC because it stays on the black and it doesn't give me an error message about not being connected. I powered off and disconnected the pc and tried readjusting all of the connectors from both ends. Everything seems to be mounted correctly and working fine. Now, I am not sure if this might be the reason for why my computer is not turning on (as I am a newbie at this) but I think it may have something to do with my RAM.

This is exactly my PC build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/

Now, everything says that it is compatible but I was doing some research and it says that the RAM is compatible with Intel X99 and 100 series platform. Here is the website that states that: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/vengeance-lpx-8gb-2x4gb-ddr4-dram-3000mhz-c15-memory-kit-black-cmk8gx4m2b3000c15

Thanks anyone and everyone that takes their time to help me in advance.

Comments

• 24 months ago
  • 3 points

The ram is not your issue. Or it may be, but compatibility is not your issue. The article you found isn't to the same ram, and even the ran shown there should* work with your PC.

• Make sure your HDMI/display port/dvi or whatever you are using is plugged into the graphics card and NOT the motherboard.
  • Give it a minute (or more). Sometimes a new build might take a couple minutes to figure out what it is doing. I would give it 5-10mins to figure itself out.
  • Clear the CMOS (consult your motherboard manual on this one)
  • make sure the 4+4 pin eps (8 pin total) connector is plugged in at the edge of the motherboard so the couch is getting power.
  • try reseating the ram
  • try reseating the GPU
  • try putting the GPU in a different PCIe slot
  • 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Hey, I was playong around and your solutiom was exactly it. I had my hdmi connected to my motherboard and not my graphics card. Must of been my long day of computer building hahaha. Thank you very much! Appreciate the help.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

All good, we all make our mistakes.

Glad it worked, good luck :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube