add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Windows 10 flash drive install

solofitmyi
  • 24 months ago

So I finished my build and everything posted and worked great. I installed windows 10 on hard drive from flash drive with windows utility and it installed and booted windows. After a while windows started acting weird, the windows icon on tool bar wouldn't work, settings wouldn't work, only right clicking on the icon for power menu worked so I decided to reinstall windows again.. Now when I try to boot from the flash drive it says no boot media detected, please select boot media and try again. I thought maybe it was the hard drive so I tried a different ssd and it still has the same error with new ssd. Bios recognizes the ssd and the flash drive so Idk what to do. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

Comments

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

Did you download the image from the official MS website?

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes from Microsofts web site. Seems like the problem started after I tried to update windows. The update failed for some reason maybe that's why. But I don't understand why my pc won't even recognize the boot drive now

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay so I have a new flash drive with windows 10 and a brand new hard drive. I'm going to try again here in a bit. Hope it recognizes boot drive, if not I'm thinking mobo rma... wish me luck lol

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

New ssd, New flash drive worked. Windows 10 is installed and everything seems to be working properly. Thank you everyone for the help

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube