add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Phanteks eclipse p400s tge assistance

vizzy628
  • 24 months ago

Hi! So I'm building my new Ryzen 2200g PC today and I've gotten through most of it without much trouble. The biggest issue I'm having is determining that I've made the necessary connections. I've connected the motherboard atx and CPU power, a SATA power cable to my PSU and that goes to the 12volt connector located in the cable management Velcro straps, is this correct? I've also connected the HD audio, HDD LED, Reset SW and power SW though I'm not certain I did so correctly, other than the positive and negative one, can any damage be incurred from improper connections of those cables? It's really difficult to understand how they're supposed to connect based on the manual as I tried my best to follow the diagrams in the manual but still not sure. I also connected the provided LED strip to the seemingly available connector at the top front of the inside of the main case. I'm perplexed as to whether or not my fans will have power as it's unclear if the 12 volt connection handles that or if I need to connect to motherboard somehow but I can't figure out how. I'm tempted to try to power on to determine if fans are powered but I'm concerned of making a dumb mistake and causing a permanent problem. Can anyone help out an old school PC tinkerer that hasn't build a PC in over a decade lol? Thanks for reading and any assistance! :]

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor $99.88 @ OutletPC
Motherboard ASRock - AB350M Pro4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $74.39 @ OutletPC
Memory Corsair - Vengeance LPX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $111.74 @ Newegg
Storage Samsung - 960 EVO 250GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $110.99 @ SuperBiiz
Case Phanteks - ECLIPSE P400S TEMPERED GLASS ATX Mid Tower Case $89.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $75.55 @ Newegg
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $562.54
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-03-06 18:18 EST-0500

Comments

• 24 months ago
  • 2 points

I have a P400s Tempered Glass as well, but mine didn't have an HDD LED cable. I had the reset and power, but not HDD LED, are you sure that's a cable you have? And if it is, about where did you find it so I can go connect mine, lol.

• 24 months ago
  • 2 points

Thank you for your input. Yes, I'm quite sure I connected it lol (I recall that being the only +/- connection). At least the HDD LED is functioning flawlessly (it's a small blinking light directly above the color changing power button) along with all the other components after I worked up the nerve to power everything on. Dealing with strange system lag but everything is working and seemingly stable. Need to diagnose this lag in another thread in the meantime.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh my, I see where the light is supposed to be, thus commences my mission to find it lol.

But to your issue, I would just go for it. If you aren't sure you made all the connections, just turn it on and find out. It sounds like you've got everything, though. But, if you don't, the PC will be sure to let you know.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

@thedukenator13, glad to help lol it's definitely there, some of those cables get tucked away in the weirdest places lol but it should be there! HDD LEDs are extremely important imo because they help indicate whether the system is truly busy or is frozen. Definitely worth having even if some people think they're passe.

• 24 months ago
  • 2 points

Seems like you've solved your issue, but here's info for future reference:

Switches can be connected in whatever way as long as it's into the right pins. As for the LEDS, you won't damage them, if they're not connected properly they simply won't turn on. Your fans will likely be fine as well. :)

• 24 months ago
  • 2 points

@nightrook, thank you! All's well that ends well I suppose. I'm just grateful I didn't do anything that would cause damage lol!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube