add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First time build BSOD Loop and constant crashing

danacw

23 months ago

Hi everyone, just built my first computer. everything seems fine parts wise, other than the constant freezing - leading to BSoD's. I've uninstalled and reinstalled windows and drivers twice now and it keeps happening. Have been keeping an eye on the temps, etc and everything seems to be running perfectly. So far the BSoD codes I've been getting are "clock_watchdog_timeout" and "machine_check_exception" - those two in a constant loop. have been following the recommendations on forums/youtube to how to resolve the issues, but it doesn't seem to be working. Just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction on how to correctly resolve the issue.

Computer specs are: MSI Z370 Gaming M5 motherboard - intel i5 8600k - ASUS Strix 1070 graphics card - Cosair RM750X power supply - Vengeance LPX memory (2x8g) - Samsung SSD - Seagate hard drive - coolermaster hyper 212 LED turbo

thanks!!

Update: tried running with one stick of ram alternating sticks and system preformed the same

Comments

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

Hiya,

Have you tried to boot using just one stick of RAM? Often BSOD are to do with busted RAM, so it's worth trying one stick at a time. Also possible the actual DIMM slots themselves could be busted.

• 23 months ago
  • 2 points

Hadn’t tried that but will do now :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube