add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

MSI b350 tomahawk ez debug boot LED

Rajveer12345

23 months ago

I have a problem that making wanna kill myself with this new pc I'm building. I have the MSI b350 tomahawk Ryzen 3 1300x Aerocool integrator 750w semi modular psu Crucial ballistix Ddr4 2400mhz 2x4gb An older (much older GPU) Formatted 1tb Seagate hard drive Brand new vaseky 350gb SSD Bootable flash drive with win 10 pro on it

Okay so my problem is that the pc posts and all the LEDs come on and fans spin but after the pc posts I get the boot led on the ez debug LEDs. After doing some research (jus like everyone else says they do) and found out that I get the boot led because there is nowhere the motherboard can find a place to boot from, or something like that. After that and some thinking I feel like that isn't really my problem and something else is wrong.

I haven't installed Windows yet because I can't even boot the pc but what I wanna do is, download windows on the ssd (I'm not plugging in the hard drive until after win is installed) and then connect the hard drive and download things like steam and games and drivers but I can't figure out what's wrong with my pc.

This is my first time posting on a forum so I'd be real thankful if somebody can help me out

Comments

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

Are you able to get in to the BIOS? If you are, make sure the SSD is listed in the available boot devices (even though at this point you won't actually be able to boot from it, but this to make sure the system “sees” the drive).

Power down the system, plug in the flash drive into one of the USB 2 (not 3) ports on the motherboard (not on the case), then turn the system back on. It should boot from the flash drive, but if it does not, go back in to the BIOS to make sure the USB drive is listed and first in the boot devices list. While you're at it, set your SSD to be the next boot device. Restart and try again.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube