add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
timless
  • 23 months ago

Working on this build https://pcpartpicker.com/user/timless/saved/FxzLD3

Purchased motherboard with BIOS updated by seller

CPU and DRAM debug LEDs turn on then off as they should‚ but VGA LED never turns on

No video from onboard graphics

Any ideas?

Comments

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

Try cleaning and reseating the RAM, try just using 1 RAM stick at a time too... to clean contacts on RAM use a soft white pencil eraser.

Was the seller a private seller or a business?

• 23 months ago
  • 2 points

Hey thanks for the reply! These things I did try, but unfortunately this was not the issue.

The motherboard was purchased from a business on ebay that stated the BIOS would be updated before shipping, but after contacting them they admitted that they forgot to do so. Curious as to whether that would cause the issue of no video and also not wanting to wait to ship the motherboard back to be updated (which they did offer to do), I went out and purchased a Pentium G4400 from Micro Center. This solved the issue, and I think I'll just keep the G4400 in it as it'll probably serve well enough for this build's needs and possibly send the G4560 back.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube