add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

PCI-e Power Supply Connection

mcdonaldsms
  • 23 months ago

I got a PCI-e Firewire Controller Card to use with my desktop. The instructions that came with the card said to connect the 4-Pin power cable from the card to the PSU. My power supply does not seem to have a way to add an additional 4-Pin cable to it. Is there a way to get power to this card from the motherboard instead?

Thanks for any help, Tim

Comments

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

Isn’t 4pin molex? You should be able to find an adapter

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

a complete parts list would help a lot for people to help you better. if possible some pics of the add in card and the connection on it too. :)

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

My guess he needs the other connector that was used for floppy drives to connect to his card, like this one... see pictured: https://www.qimaging.com/images/faqs/F0065-fig1.jpg

4 Pin Molex To 3.5 Floppy Drive FDD Internal Power Cable Adaptor

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube