add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

MSI b350 tomahawk ez debug boot LED

Rajveer12345

23 months ago

Parts: -MSI b350 tomahawk -Ryzen 3 1300x -2x4gb crucial ballistix Ddr4 2400mhz -SSD that I put windows on -Hard drive -Some old graphics card

So I built my pc and put a bootable flash in the usb 3.0 port and booted the pc, it posted and I thought it was going to work but all I got was a blank screen and the boot LED. After some work I managed to get windows downloaded and I set everything up and used the pc and I have been using it for about a week now. Yesterday I used MSI afterburner to overclock the graphics card and then I closed it. I was downloading cs:go and I left my pc running for a few hours for it to download the game.

I had been been meaning to defragment my SSD and hard drive so after cs go got downloaded I clicked on the search button next to the start button on windows 10 and I was getting nothing, like the taskbar froze. I'm not sure if I was able to open any programs but I was able to right click and refresh, I tried that but nothing. So I pressed the power button on my case to turn off the pc.

I booted the pc again and all I got was a black screen again, but no boot LED. I left it at that for about 10 minutes but got nothing so I pressed the power button again and booted the pc again.

It posted but I got the boot LED and nothing happens after that and I'm stuck for what to do now.

Please help

Comments

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

Clear the CMOS as per instructions in your MSI mobo manual.
or
Shut down system, disconnect power cord from electrical outlet, remove CMOS battery from mobo for approximately five minutes.
Clearing the CMOS correctly should reset the BIOS settings to defaults and remove any overclock settings.
Reverse the above steps and test system for POST.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube