add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

pc won't boot w/ new gpu

palmtreeee
  • 23 months ago

I bought an evga geforce gt 1030 a couple days ago. when I install it and boot my pc, it stays on the initial boot up screen and beeps once, then three times fast. My pc is an hp p6 2003w. I assume this is a bios problem, but I have little bios and pc building knowledge. anybody have a solution? I registered an account just to ask as a last resort before I take it back

Comments

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

I looked up your computer specs and it comes with a 300W PSU plus your new GPU requires some power, I wonder if your PSU isn't up to the job. Does the system boot without the new GPU in?

Alternatively, try cleaning the GPU contacts with a soft white pencil eraser and re-seat the card.

Do you have access to another system to test the card in just to make sure it's not DOA.

Looks like you'll have to sort out the BIOS yourself at https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c00007682 HP' support of their product sux

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 23 months ago
  • 1 point

their Ok I’m done. This ^

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube