add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

BIOS Is Freezing..What Have I Done Wrong?

tjeanbapt

23 months ago

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/tjeanbapt/saved/4kBRGX

This is my first PC build and I just put it together a few days ago. After I assembled it and ran the tests to start it up, I realized after I’d already installed all my drivers and the OS that I never went into the BIOS to confirm everything was as I wanted it. (Mainly because all my drives were reading correctly and even my graphics card settings were correct after I installed the drivers). Upon trying to go into the BIOS and change settings, I soon found that each time I tried getting into BIOS (and I’ve tried many times) it would start and then become unresponsive. Basically freezing, there are often black bars at the top of the screen and even though the data on the screen looks correct it won’t respond to my keyboard and mouse (which I confirmed are actually working).

I’m not sure what the problem is. I got all my drivers from the proper sites and installed them via USB. I ran tests on my memory and found no problems. Everything hardware-wise seems to be in working order but I can’t use BIOS. Help?

Comments

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd suggest removing the dedicated GPU and trying to access the BIOS that way (using the integrated graphics).

Also, contact MSI about this issue.

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

Try flashing the BIOS first, then try uninstalling windows / drivers and make sure the BIOS works right away

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

Also, never hurts to clear the CMOS.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube