add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Corsair h55 and af120

beama2005

71 months ago

Has anyone used the af120 in replace of the h55 fan? I got h55 today and af120 twin pack and was wondering if I can use one on h55? Googled it and could find an answer. Thanks guys

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

The stock fan would likely perform better. For optimum performance, you'll want to use a static pressure fan (SP120 from Corsair is the alternative to the AF120).

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the reply. Haven't even taken it out of the box yet but read reviews that it's noisy. Have u used it? Is it loud? Thanks again

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

I haven't, but I have used stock fans with a H100i (which are bound to be similar). They're going to be a bit louder due to their higher RPM - if you're concerned about this, then go for something like an SP120 Quiet Edition (this fan has a lower RPM rating, and is quieter as a result). There are plenty of SP fans out there though, such as Noctua and Cooler Master.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks very much i might get a sp120 then. I'll try it first tho. I have a amd 8350 and the stock fan is like a jumbo jet. So I'm hoping this is a lot quieter. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks very much i might get a sp120 then. I'll try it first tho. I have a amd 8350 and the stock fan is like a jumbo jet. So I'm hoping this is a lot quieter. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

The Performance Edition SP120s are actually really loud. If you're worried about noise, get the quiet editions

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube