add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

EZ Debug Led - CPU and GPU led lights up

moxa25
  • 23 months ago

Hello!

I've just finished building my new rig. I've noticed when I boot up the system the CPU debug led on the motherboard lights up for a few seconds and then turns off. After a second the GPU led light turns on and off. The system boots normally and everything seems to work fine. If I shut down the PC only the CPU led lights up for a second. I'm just curious, is this an issue or is it a totally normal process? I already googled this, but didn't find much. I've cleared the CMOS and updated the BIOS. I replaced the RAM to the other slot (I have only 2 slots) and selected the XMP option in the BIOS. The RAM debug led light on the motherboard doesn't light up anymore, thanks to that. I'm not really sure what to do or should I do something. Sorry, this is my first build and I really don't want to mess it up.

Components: CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1500x, MOBO: MSI B350M PRO-VD PLUS, RAM: Kingston Savage 1x8gb DDR4-2133mhz, SSD: Patriot Burst 120GB, HDD: 1TB WD Blue, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti G1 Gaming 4G, PSU: Seasonic M12II 520w 80+ Bronze

Thanks!

Comments

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

when I boot up the system the CPU debug led on the motherboard lights up for a few seconds and then turns off. After a second the GPU led light turns on and off. The system boots normally and everything seems to work fine.

I don't exactly see the problem then? It's probably just going through the boot order and making sure all components are functional as they turn on. If it works fine and isn't causing any issues, then I wouldn't worry about it.

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for the reply! I've read a lot of forums about this topic and most of the time people sad that the LEDs light up because they detect an issue. I guess I don't have to worry about things this much. Sorry for the false alarm. xD

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

Its a normal process with MSI motherboards, mine does the same. Takes a second to recognize the CPU for some reason.

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

Yep. On my very first bootup I saw a lot of the debug lights go on but it booted up fine. It still happens every time I power it on.

• 23 months ago
  • 2 points

I appreciate your answer! :)

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for your answer! I was not quite sure how is this supposed to work. I just wanted to make sure it is normal. :)

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube