add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Google Chrome White Screen Total Freeze

SJSmart

23 months ago

I've been using Google Chrome for 6+ years now, and I have not had any significant problem with using it. However, beginning yesterday (March 25, 2018), Chrome wouldn't load and only give me a white screen. This caused my entire pc to just freeze, and any app I had open would not respond; even Task Manager froze. The only thing I could do was hard-reset my PC, but it didn't fix anything.

I uninstalled it and then reinstalled it and it seemed to work fine. I got everything synced up and all was good, that is until I had to restart my PC due to Windows refusing to release a flash drive. When I opened up Chrome, it did the same thing and caused me to have to completely hard restart. I've uninstalled it for a second time, and I'm not sure if I will install it again until I can know a way to fix this.

This is really bizarre, as I was using perfectly fine last week. The only thing that I've done differently was install AOC's Screen+ and Prime95. I ran a torture test on my PC that got 12 tests done in 15 minutes before I had to stop when I heard a grinding sound coming from my PC; it did not fail once, though. Ever since then, my CPU has been fluctuating from 800MHz to about 3900MHz, even if I select "Balanced" in the Power Options. I know this is getting more technical than just software, but I wanted to make sure I include everything that may have caused my software to start messing up, as this is the only thing differently I've done.

If you need my specs or any more information I'd be glad to help to figure out how to fix this problem.

Comments

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

Backup any personal info and do a clean re-install of windows.

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

No torture tests for me lol.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube