add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Pc keeps on freezing.

samwise153

23 months ago

Hi, i need help. I just built my pc a week ago and even on day one the pc freezes from time to time. Here's my build;

-Ryzen 3 2200g with stock cooling -Asus prime a320m-k -1x8gb ddr4 2400mhz geil super luce -Pioneer 240gb ssd -1tb 5400 hdd(used from an old laptop but not for os) -Cheap psu that comes with case(i didn't know the spec)

I know it's a trash setup but I'm a beginner with small budget. I plan to upgrade it slowly overtime. I tried playing starcraft2 with it and it's fine but whenever i watch youtube or stream video online, it freezes with a buzzing sound coming from the speaker. I've done a clean windows install, update the bios, update the drivers and all. I can't see the cpu temp tho and i don't know why. I can only see the temp through bios. And, during installation, the store guy install the cpu cooler and it blocks the ram, then he pull it off and reinstall it back again. Will this effect the thermal paste that was preapplied? Please help. It's been a week and I don't know what to do anymore.

Comments

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

... I can't see the cpu temp tho and i don't know why. I can only see the temp through bios.

The ASUS AI Suite 3 utility should display temperature.
Utility available for download, from your PRIME A320M-K website.

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

They could just download HW monitor to cut through the ********.

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

Did not suggest that software intentionally, since it's been years since I bothered with any third party monitoring software and verifying compatibility list of supported mobo.

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

have installed it but still, it won't show. any ideas why? and my pc is still crashing.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Test with a live version of a Linux distro.
If crashing still continues, hardware problem.
If crashing does not occur in Linux, it is likely a Windows/software problem.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

if its a software problem, do u have any idea what probably could be the problem?

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

This topic has been moved from "General > General Discussion" to "Systems > Troubleshooting".

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube