add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

no video signal in new build

sawbonz
  • 23 months ago

Just put this together: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/sawbonz/saved/3dLgLk All the fans run. Got lights on the MB. No output to monitor. I put the video card in another machine and it works. I tried the video card in another MB slot as well as the onboard video from the mother board and no luck. Also tried another video card and still nothing. So I'm assuming I have a bad MB. Is there something else that I missed and should try before I return the MB?

Comments

• 23 months ago
  • 2 points

Plug in CPU power, 8 pin cable.

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

How many cables do you have running from your gpu?

And how many monitors?

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

one 6 prong power supply one monitor

• 23 months ago
  • 1 point

power cables not all the way in or forgot one. (CPU 8-pin in the top corner is easy to miss) Also, try just 1 stick of RAM at a time and each stick in each of the 4 slots. (total of 8 possibilities)

probably easier to try with the video card not installed at first.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube