add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Random lag in games...?!?

SpiceQuake

22 months ago

Keep in mind I usually get a stable 70 fps, and 0 lag, my WiFi is fine (30 ping), So I was playing overwatch, and randomly I lagged to hell, like I was teleporting everywhere, and I couldnt see my hands, chunks werent loading, and it was like this for a solid 30 seconds, before it went back to normal, the same occured in fortnite, and also in PUBG (yes I play both) it is weird and never happened before, PLEASE HELP ITS SO ANNOYING .I run these games on a gtx 1060 6gb, i5 8600k, 16 gb of 3200mhz ram, and an msi z370 plus, 1tb hdd, 256gb ssd.

Comments

• 22 months ago
  • 2 points

I would use HDD testing software to test you hard drive like Hard Disk Sentinel. Also, use gpu monitoring software like EVGA precision XOC to see what the gpu is doing when these lag spikes occur. Is the clock speed going down? What are your temps? Once you get this basic info, and verify everything is good and dandy, I would then look into the RAM and CPU performance. Also, do you have your CPU overclocked at all?

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

My CPU is not overclocked, and I’ll check out temps and the other hard ware. Thanks for the help!

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, either or will work.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

If applicable, check your wireless router log. Another device may be hogging the network at the time of those lags.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Probably not because I have a ping and FPS counter, and they seem fine at the times of lag

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

fortnite > pubg

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Eh

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Fortnite = PUBG = H1Z1 = Literally any other Battle Royale Game.

Just depends on what you like...

plus fortnite kinda copied PUBG

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Have you tested packet loss through the command prompt? Just ping google like 20 times and see if any fail...

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

K

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

I’ll check but it’s never happend before

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube