add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Tried to fix my hard drive in new build and now can't display or go to BIOS

generaltaco19
  • 22 months ago

Crossposting from /r/buildapc to see if I can get some help

Troubleshooting Help:

What is your parts list? Consider formatting your parts list.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor $176.37 @ Amazon
Motherboard ASRock - AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard $121.86 @ Amazon
Memory Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $189.99 @ Amazon
Storage Western Digital - Blue 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $82.99 @ Amazon
Storage Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $44.99 @ Amazon
Video Card MSI - GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card Purchased For $0.00
Case Thermaltake - Core V1 Mini ITX Desktop Case Purchased For $37.59
Power Supply EVGA - 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply Purchased For $26.74
Monitor HP - OMEN 25 24.5" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor Purchased For $0.00
Keyboard Ducky - DK9008 Shine 3 Red LED Backlit (Blue Cherry MX) Wired Standard Keyboard Purchased For $0.00
Mouse Zowie - EC1-A Wired Optical Mouse Purchased For $0.00
Headphones Sennheiser - HD 558 Headphones Purchased For $0.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $680.53
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-04-02 18:58 EDT-0400

Describe your problem. List any error messages and symptoms. Be descriptive.

So two weeks ago I put together my PC without any storage drives and it posted fine. Today I installed my storage drives because I got them a little late. PC still posted, managed to install Windows on the SSD through a USB, but I think it was because I did not properly select my SSD but there was some sort of system partition on my hard drive, so I couldn't use it. I decided to do a clean install of Windows because I didn't have anything installed anyway. So I boot from the USB, I'm in the repair menu, and I accidentally choose to boot Windows 10 or something like that. Now my computer is stuck in some sort of infinite boot. It will turn on, with all the lights coming on and everything working, not output to the display and not go to bios, and then restart in about 5 seconds. I'm completely lost, it may have been to do with me trying to enter Windows 10 through the USB? I'm not sure.

List anything you've done in attempt to diagnose or fix the problem.

I tried unplugging the storage drives and the USB from the computer but it still won't output anything. It doesn't seem like it's a hardware issue, because literally everything was working till I tried to reinstall Windows through the USB.

Post relevant photos of build/parts here.

Replace this text with your answer.

Provide any additional details you wish below.

One thing is I did change the boot order to the USB, and my USB light isn't flashing so it might be that. I'm completely lost and any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Comments

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 22 months ago
  • 1 point

That works thanks a lot. I'm now just gonna remake my Windows USB and see if I can reinstall Windows onto the SSD, this time unplugging the HDD.

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube