add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Old os new machine

alucard21
  • 26 months ago

Hey y'all, I put together a new computer, I'm having trouble with it it won't play any games. I used a old operating system Windows 10 still though, but from an elitebook laptop and I put it in my desk and I'm having trouble running any game. Is just down on its own sometimes do you think that could be the problem and if so how do I fix it I was told it's the drivers. Because using an older operating system from a laptop versus the desktop the hardware doesn't communicate really well. But if you guys have any ideas I'm open to options and I really want to avoid paying a hundred bucks for a new operating system Windows but. But that's looking like my only option

Comments

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

Try resetting windows. You can do it from windows settings and it will completely reinstall the OS. There is an option to keep your files but I recommend doing a completely redo for the best outcome.

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

That's if he has Windows 10. If it's Windows 7, then he has to go to the download server, enter his product key, and get the ISO there. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

do I need to install the windows tool manager and put it on Windows 10 on a USB drive or does it do it automatically like from a motherboard

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

No. All you need to do is go to setting or the task bar and search for "Reset this PC" or "Recovery" and it will let you completely reinstall windows from there without the need for a bootable USB.

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

I am presuming he has got a little muddled. I for example have old games that will not install and run on any new system, due to issues of architecture 32/64 bit. To get around this I use VMware player 5.0.2 (yes I know there are new versions, but I use this version for the reason of compatibility), I install XP to the virtual machine I create in the VMware player and run games from there.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube