add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Vioteck Monitors

Dbake

17 months ago

https://viotek.com/shopgn24c-curved-gaming-monitor-bezel-less/

Anyone know anything about these monitors and their reliability?

Comments

• 17 months ago
  • 2 points

I recently got he bigger brother of this one (GN27D), and it's amazing. 144hz is super smooth, 1440p is great, and the colors on the VA panel are actually really good after some tweaking, nearly as good as my LG IPS ultrawide. The colors out of the box aren't the greatest, so you're going to want to tune it to your liking. The menu is a little bit difficult to navigate and figure out, but you only have to set it up once, so it's not a big deal. The stand is very solid, and easy to install (unless you're like me and try to install it upside down). I had no dead pixels, and judging by the reviews on amazon and newegg, it's pretty rare to have dead pixels... The curve isn't game breaking, although it's a "nice to have" feature. As far as 144hz vs 60Hz goes, it's an increadible difference. After using my GN27D on my new PC, and getting over 200 FPS in CS:GO, it feels unplayable on my 60Hz monitor. I simply wont play it on my 60hz monitor on my 2nd PC anymore, so now I only play slower paced games on it. I haven't messed around with freesync very much, but I do know that it has a 48-144 freesync range.

I would recommend one of this series monitors, they're wonderful for the price. It was THE biggest upgrade I've made to my build in the last year, and that's saying alot because I've gone from a i3 6100/1050 ti/8gb ram build to a R5 1500x/rx 580/16GB.

Edit: I forgot to say, I've had mine for a month, and it came with a 5" DP cable, which is capable for freesync.

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

Awesome yea I have the same setup as you, 1600 rx480 16gb. So you use the 1440 one with 144hz and your able to reach that high of a FPS?

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

Yup, mine is 1440p/144hz. I can manage to hit to hit over 100 FPS because most of the games I play are easy to run esports. Even the more demanding games such as Rust still hit over 60FPS with no problems. If I'm being honest, the 4/580 would be better suited to 1080P 144hz instead, as it'd hit over 144 FPS more consistently in more demanding games.

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

Yea if I were to buy one it’s be the 1080p I mostly play Dota 2 so I don’t feel the need for a more expensive monitor

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N2QN4YP/ref=sspa_dk_detail_1?pd_rd_i=B078P57ZWL&pd_rd_wg=MfRTs&pd_rd_r=MAP5W0W70H3DTC2D0R19&pd_rd_w=1Okig&th=1

Viotek isn't known for having the greatest monitors of all time --literally just their marketing isn't very known too well, not that they aren't good monitors-- (take note I don't own one or ever have); however, this company prices their monitors (like the one above) at a competitive and great price for what's being offered. I will say that it has a 4/5 star review on amazon so I'm just going to assume it's a good monitor with few issues that most likely can be resolved with a warranty.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube