add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
TinfoilHat
  • 76 months ago

Ok here is my story. I was a dumbass, and chickened out of building a new PC when I saw a refurbished hp at a killer price. Anyways, I decided I wanted to upgrade the RAM, GPU and CPU. So I ordered a nzxt 750 watt PSU, a MSI GTX 660 along with 8 gig RAM.

I got my RAM and PSU today. Turns out that my MOBO is retarded and has some non-standard power hookup with 6 pins inline instead of the 20 pin hookup.

I guess I need a new Mobo now to be able to run it. I have a feeling the crappy 320 watt isn't even powering my gt 610 enough let alone be able to handle powering the gtx 660. I have no idea how to go about picking one that will work with the processor I have. It's i5 2500. I don't have a lot of money to spend either. I have CPU-Z, but have no idea how to apply it and check it against specs to make sure it is going to fit in my case, and fit with my processor :(

Comments

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

Sorry, this is almost the exact same computer, except CPU-Z lists my chipset as q65 if that matters any. http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883157127CVF

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube