add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Dell Inspiron 15 7567-No dell touchpad drivers?

Atomcomp

22 months ago

A few months back, I purchased the dell Inspiron 15 7567. I have been trying to configure the touchpad to work properly while playing games so that I may move and look around without stutter or delay. Part of making that possible is modifying the touchpad settings, however it seems as though this laptop does not formally recognize that it has a touchpad and the two drivers present for Mice and other pointing devices in device manager are 1.HID-compliant mouse and 2. PS/2 Compatible Mouse. I have seen other scattered forums that briefly mention this issue but it seems they all have gone unresolved. I am aware that the PS/2 Compatible Mouse is most likely the touchpad, but my real question is where can I get a proper driver that gives the touchpad the options a touchpad has rather than it being a one size fits all 2006 windows driver solution. I find it hard to believe that dell would not use a custom driver for their touchpad on such a popular gaming laptop. I would appreciate any help in finding a driver. I have checked the dell support page but have not seen any drivers present that relate to touchpad settings, however I may have glossed over something. I appreciate any help that can be given in this instance, however I want to use the touchpad so a "use a mouse" answer is desirable. Thanks Link to Support Page: http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/inspiron-15-7567-laptop/drivers

Comments

[comment deleted]
  • 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the answer, I'll have to check it out. I eventually found some settings and forums that helped me configure the touchpad for gaming, but I'd still like a proper touchpad driver. I Appreciate the answer

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube