add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

2200g SUPER laggy

MediocreLemon

22 months ago

My brand new build is working almost fine, but in ANY game i play, it is immensely laggy and I am very confused. Does anyone know whats going on?

Also, in performance monitor in task manager, there is no tab saying gpu. Is this a glitch?

Comments

• 22 months ago
  • 2 points

You say you're laggy. This would indicate that your internet connection is not good and you are lagging behind or disconecting.

do you mean your framerate is low? if so what frame rate are you seeing in what games.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

its a combination, average fps at medium on terraria is about 20fps on single plsayer and on a server, about 15

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

is this at 1080p? what do you have your graphics options set to?

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

1080p with graphics at low and medium

• 22 months ago
  • 2 points

Set all graphics options to low and see if the issue persists. Also, check your task manager to see how much RAM you are using while gaming. Is your RAM a single stick or two? How much RAM do you have? APUs use RAM for VRAM, which benefits from dual channel memory (higher memory bandwidth) and a larger amount of memory (above 8GB is preferable due to a portion of the RAM being used for VRAM).

• 22 months ago
  • 2 points

can also check in BIOS to see how much RAM is dedicated to the GPU make sure its atleast 1GB if possible.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

I get a rock solid 60fps on a 8600k’s intergrated GPU @ 1080p max settings in Terraria, sounds like you have something killing your performance

• 22 months ago
  • 2 points

Check out this review from Digital Foundry and follow his steps. Over clocking the GPU side of the APU showed some pretty fantastic improvements in game play without effecting thermals much using a stock AMD cooler. THAT's impressive!

AMD APU's really benefit more from ram by running in duel channel mode. So if you are running a single stick, I'd recommend adding a second stick. I think I remember reading that it's better to have more than 8gb of memory too, but don't quote me on that.

You need to make sure that you have 2gb of dedicated memory set in bios.

You are going to have to play with all of your in game graphic settings. Set resolution to 1080p, set all graphics to low and if you have the option set resolution scaling to around 75% Then go ahead and play the game. From there adjust settings as needed to get to a quality/fps level you like.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

What games are you trying to play?

Also, since the 2200g is an APU im not sure it would show up under GPU in task manager, but take my word with a grain of salt.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

ive tried every game in my steam library, ranging from csgo and terraria to warthunder and unturned

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

also, my old laptop with an apu showed it

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay, thanks for telling me that.

What settings are you playing at? and can you list your build.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Intergrated graphics show up as a GPU

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Put in a 2nd identical stick of RAM and run in dual channel, whats the difference you ask... well that depends on who you ask. The best analogy I've had it explained as is that 1 stick of RAM has half the speed of 2 sticks in dual channel so your single stick of 2666 ram is running at 1333 in and 1333 out. In dual channel your running full speed 2666 in and out. This is probably not the best explanation but I think you get the idea that dual channel has better performance.

Try an SSD, instead of a HDD. SSD is good for performance and HDD are good for storage.

Even the most basic dedicated graphics card should outdo an integrated GPU or APU chip any day of the week.

Do you have any kind of budget?

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

im saving for a gpu right now but i guess i should get another stick of ram

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Just make sure it has the same timings and speed as the 1st stick

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

I am rather confident you need the driver's for your integrated graphics. Another user a few weeks ago had the same issue and he claimed that fixed it.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-3-processors-radeon-vega-graphics/amd-ryzen-3-2200g

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

i finally got my new wifi dongle and i got drivers, it works great now

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Wonderful, I'm glad it works :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube