add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

In Need Of A >$510 PC !!!

RadicalSagee

20 months ago

Okay.. So i need a PC worth about $500. I would really like it to be less then $510 but noting more then that.

So I want to use it for Streaming/Gaming but i'm not going to use it that much for gaming, mostly for GTA 5. I'm not that much of a PC Gamer, i'm a Console Gamer. But i'm looking to invest into a Streaming/Gaming PC worth about $510 no more then that, like I said. I would like to be able to streaming in 1080p 60fps but if 720p is all you can get then i'm fine with that.

I've been looking around online about pre-built PC's, and my friend told me that it's not worth it. But to try PCPartPicker.com, as they can build you one for what it's worth.

My internet speeds are able to stream at 720p, 1080p 30fps w/ no one on the WiFi.

Games I would be streaming are all on console with the Elgato Game Capture HD. If games are needed Let Me Know.

I'm in NO need of a RUSH, i'm just weighting my options out. But a fast response would be nice.

If you need any other INFO Let Me Know, I'd be happy to let you know.

Comments

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 2400G 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor $162.79 @ OutletPC
Motherboard MSI - B350M GAMING PRO Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard $49.99 @ Newegg
Memory G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $93.99 @ Newegg
Storage Kingston - A400 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $43.99 @ Amazon
Storage Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $43.85 @ OutletPC
Case Thermaltake - Core V21 MicroATX Mini Tower Case $49.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply Corsair - CXM (2015) 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $47.00 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $506.60
Mail-in rebates -$15.00
Total $491.60
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-04-13 09:58 EDT-0400
  • 20 months ago
  • 1 point

I bought a MSI Twin Frozr Gaming Geforce GTX 750 (N750 TF 1GD5/OC) awhile back, but never used it. Is this build compatible with this Graphics Card?

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Of course!

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Absolutely is, although this build uses the Ryzen APU because I assumed you had no graphics card. The 2400G's graphics is often compared to that of the GT 1030, and the GTX 750 is slightly better than that so in theory your GTX 750 should be more capable than the 2400G and so you should try to squeeze your budget for a Ryzen 5 1600 instead, or possibly a 1300X but the 2400G is probably a better CPU than the 1300X.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

4 cores and 8 threads should be plenty for streaming. If you want to game on this I’d recommend getting a graphic card later on, but this is perfectly fine for what you need.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 2400G 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor $162.79 @ OutletPC
Motherboard MSI - B350 PC MATE ATX AM4 Motherboard $59.99 @ Newegg Business
Memory *Corsair - Vengeance LPX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $109.89 @ OutletPC
Storage Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $59.79 @ OutletPC
Case Cooler Master - MasterBox Lite 5 RGB ATX Mid Tower Case $59.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply Corsair - CXM (2015) 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $47.00 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $514.45
Mail-in rebates -$15.00
Total $499.45
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-04-13 10:34 EDT-0400
  • 20 months ago
  • 1 point

I bought a MSI Twin Frozr Gaming Geforce GTX 750 (N750 TF 1GD5/OC) awhile back, but never used it. Is this build compatible with this Graphics Card?

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 20 months ago
  • 2 points

The BT is unreviewed and should be avoided. Plus Ryzen performs better with dual-channel RAM.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Are you basing reviews by consumer reviews? Those don’t matter. I would get a CXM 450W instead.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

?? No?

JohnnyGURU and Tom’s Hardware are extremely reliable and know what they’re talking about. They are basically professional consumers, who you can trust.

Let’s say you want to get a cheap PSU, find a Logisys for 20 bucks! Wow! Instead of going through professional reviews, you go through consumer based reviews. You never know what they say, they could possibly say “Works fine perfect PSU for cheap”. We all know Logisys PSUs are bound to blow up. See what I mean?

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Wat.

Consumers can not review PSU's. They are one of the very few parts that consumer input is generally worthless on since there is no easy way to test it unlike a CPU, GPU, case, etc. Consumers just can't simply review a PSU since it requires opening it up and taking it apart, extensive knowledge about electrical engineering and PSU's, and having expensive equipment to test performance. Its why most sites and channels either half *** PSU reviews at best or don't do them at all. The reviews that matter are professorial reviews from sites like Tomshardware, HardOCP, Techpowerup, Jonnyguru, and really any site that at least tests ripple, voltage regulation, and opens the PSU up to examine it.

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/why-99-percent-of-power-supply-reviews-are-wrong/

This is more geared towards websites but it applies to consumer reviews too.

This is everything Tomshardware does to review a PSU.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/how-we-test-psu,4042.html#p1

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Is it able to stream at 720p or higher? I'm not looking to stream and game at the same time on this PC.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube