add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Shady website or not?

Lorenzo9

19 months ago

So I was looking around for a graphics card, and as we all know they are through the roof in price. I scrolled down in the shopping and found a MSI GTX 1080 for $110. The website is some online auto parts store, so I figure that this must be a typo so I go to the website out of curiosity. I go to the search bar and type in "1080 ti" and lo and behold, an bunch of 1080 ti s for less than 200 dollars US. So I'm wondering if this is for real, maybe they just bought a bunch and before prices were insane, and no one found the website, so they are selling them for really low prices... Or it could be a really good scam. https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwiThIHk7LfaAhXKXoYKHYRlAKQYABAHGgJ2dQ&sig=AOD64_0NJL_-NgqftjLxPi7OXWYNRXUn4g&ctype=5&q=&ved=0ahUKEwiDvP3j7LfaAhVLoFMKHRGVATsQwzwITg&adurl=

Comments

• 19 months ago
  • 2 points

If 1080ti cards are popping up for less than 200 USD final price (that's not what I saw), it's probably a really bad scam. Intelligent scammers would pick prices low enough to attract attention, but still remain sufficiently high to optimize their scam proceeds and avoid the "too good to be true" look.

• 19 months ago
  • 2 points

To buy this card, delete system 32.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

I did this but my computer won't start now...

JK :)

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

For a moment you got me. Lol.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

dont' do it ... scam scam scam

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

So... They are based in Leningrad, Russia....

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh yes Russia! It’s a scam btw

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube